Official Press Release:
NOTE: This post has been updated. Please see it on my new fine art photographer website.
Update 3/21/2016 — Note: It is ironic, if not sad, to note that not long after this work was released and compared to that of Robert Mapplethorpe, that a controversy on this subject matter has erupted in the art world in West Hollywood. At the time when exhibits of Mapplethorpe’s work have just opened at the J. Paul Getty Museum and the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, the city of West Hollywood confiscated works of art displaying moderate nudity. We will however exhibit this work as scheduled.
For Immediate Release
March 11, 2016
“CROSS” a limited edition fine art box set curated and produced by Artists Corner Gallery is now available at the gallery where it has taken its place alongside fine art books by such distinguished photographers as Mario Testino and Ellen von Unwerth. It will be on display at the gallery through the Month of Photography Los Angeles along with other works by the artist to be announced. The gallery is located at 6585 Santa Monica Blvd, Hollywood, CA.
“CROSS”, a defining work for Stout, has been compared in critical reviews to the work of Herb Ritz and Robert Mapplethorpe – whose entire body of work was recently acquired by the J. Paul Getty Museum.
The edition is limited to 9 sets. The set contains 10 13 x 19 photos printed on archival grade fine art paper – each suitable for framing – protected within a hand crafted fabric covered clamshell box. The price starts at $900.00.
Mark Stout is a fine art photographer currently located in Los Angeles. He is known for his ability to elicit beauty, emotion and attitude from his subjects that they themselves often did not know they possessed.
– Duo artist exhibition at D2 Gallery in Denver Colorado, 2009
– “Abstract Light” selected by Britt Salvesen, curator at the Los Angeles Museum of Art, and of the Robert Mappplethorp exhibit at the J. Paul Getty Museum to be included in a year long traveling exhibit entitled “Off the Clock” 2013
– “Abstract light” exhibited at PhotoLA 2014 by American Photographic Artists
– “Cigarettes and Beer” and “After the Fight” currently on exhibit at 1650 Gallery in Echo Park, CA.
– 9th Annual Black and White Spider Awards, “Animal Magnetism” portrait category.
– “Where I’d Rather Be” curated into Surreal collection, Saatchi Art
– 8 page interview, Asian Photography Magazine
– Interview the Copyright Alliance